I completed my initial training in 2009 following an intensive two year foundation degree course. During my training I did my work based learning at a Hospice. When I had completed my training I was offered a job and I stayed there until February 2015. I work with patients with life limiting illnesses and have seen some remarkable results in symptom management and emotional support.
Over the years I have continued to develop my therapies. I am a qualified Reiki practitioner and can also provide holistic massage therapy and Indian head massage. In 2014 I decided to study some more and have now qualified as a Vodder trained MLD/CDT practitioner. I was privileged to be trained by one of the founders of the Vodder Technique Hildegard Wittlinger.
I am married to a Policeman, have three lovely grown up children and live in quiet, leafy Gustard Wood. I have a treatment room but if necessary I am able to visit people at home.
I am passionate about my therapies and the benefits that I know they give. Because of my background I am happy to treat people with difficult conditions and needs. My mission is to give individualised treatments to everyone dependant on how they are on the day that I see them.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage
A 1 hour treatment costs from £55
(extra may be charged for home visit)
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is an advanced therapy that encourages the natural process of the lymphatic vessels to eliminate waste products and to boost your body’s defences.
MLD consists of gentle rhythmic movements that will help eliminate waste and return proteins and fluid back to the circulatory system thereby promoting healing and boosting the immune system. It has a calming effect on both the mind and the body giving you a sense of wellbeing after each treatment. Manual Lymphatic Drainage may also assist in weight loss, reducing the appearance of cellulite and improving skin tone. It is widely used and recommended by surgeons to assist healing following cosmetic surgery.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage:
- Promotes the healing of fractures, torn ligaments, sprains, lessens pain and reduces swelling.
- Reduces post-surgery swelling and bruising.
- Improves many chronic conditions: sinusitis, rheumatoid arthritis, whiplash, acne and other skin conditions.
- Strengthens your immune system.
- Relieves fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy.
- Promotes healing of wounds and burns and improves the appearance of old scars.
- Minimises or reduces stretch marks.
- Combined with compression helps reduce pain and volume in Lipedema.
Combined Decongestive Therapy
Cost is £75 per session
(plus cost of bandages if needed)
CDT is the treatment for lymphoedema of the arms, hands, legs and feet. A course of treatment may be needed daily for 1 week up to 4 weeks. The patient will be given a daily regime which should be followed in order to maintain the best results. Some patients choose to return every 4 to 6 weeks for a maintenance treatment following the intensive treatment.
CDT consists of:
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD)
- Compression (bandages/compression garments)
- Decongestive exercises.
- Skin care and prevention of infections.
A 1 hour treatment costs £35
Reflexology is an holistic treatment based on the principle that reflexes, or areas, in the feet, hands and other parts of the body relate to the internal organs and other structures of the body. It benefits a number of conditions and promotes relaxation and wellbeing. Its origins can be traced back as far as Egypt c2330 BC.
It is believed that reflexology can help the following:
- Stress, anxiety and poor sleep patterns
- PMS and menopause symptoms
- Headaches and migraines.
- Help to relieve some of the effects of MS and cancer treatments.
- Give a sense of wellbeing.