I completed my initial training in 2009 following an intensive two year foundation degree course. During my training I did my work based learning at a Hospice. I was offered a job and stayed there until February 2015. I worked with patients with life limiting illnesses and saw some remarkable results in symptom management and emotional support.
Over the years I have continued to develop my therapies. In 2014 I decided to study some more and qualified as a Vodder trained MLD/CDT practitioner. I also purchased a Hivamat 200 Deep Oscillation Therapy machine to enhance my practice.
There have been lots of exciting developments in the treatment of Lymphoedema and this year (2019) I have qualified as an FG-MLD therapist and am really excited to use this method alongside my Vodder training.
I am married and have three lovely grown up children. I live in quiet, leafy Gustard Wood. I have a treatment room but if necessary I am able to visit people at home.
I am passionate about my therapies and the benefits that I know they give. Because of my background I am happy to treat people with difficult conditions and needs. My mission is to give individualised treatments to everyone dependant on how they are on the day that I see them.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage
A 1 hour treatment costs from £60
(Home visits priced according to distance travelled)
I am qualified to bandage and give advice on compression, exercise and skincare.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is an advanced therapy that encourages the natural process of the lymphatic vessels to eliminate waste products and to boost your body’s defences.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage:
- Promotes the healing of fractures, torn ligaments, sprains, lessens pain and reduces swelling.
- Reduces post-surgery swelling and bruising.
- Improves many chronic conditions: sinusitis, rheumatoid arthritis, whiplash, acne and other skin conditions.
- Strengthens your immune system.
- Relieves fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy.
- Promotes healing of wounds and burns and improves the appearance of old scars.
- Minimises or reduces stretch marks.
- Combined with compression helps reduce pain and volume in Lipedema.
Find out more about MLD here: http://www.mlduk.org.uk/
A 1 hour treatment costs £40
Reflexology is an holistic treatment based on the principle that reflexes, or areas, in the feet, hands and other parts of the body relate to the internal organs and other structures of the body. It benefits a number of conditions and promotes relaxation and wellbeing. Its origins can be traced back as far as Egypt c2330 BC.
It is believed that reflexology can help the following:
- Stress, anxiety and poor sleep patterns
- PMS and menopause symptoms
- Headaches and migraines.
- Help to relieve some of the effects of MS and cancer treatments.
- Give a sense of wellbeing.